Monday, December 12, 2016

25 Ways in 25 Days

The church came out with a new challenge for this month.
25 Ways to serve in 25 Days.
It's exciting and rewarding to be able to implement service into my life.
Because I need blessings.
And not only that, I hope that if I serve properly,
maybe the good things I did in my life will help cancel out all the bad.
 
Today's challenge was to share an experience with a loved one about a time God helped me.
I decided to write about it because I want to remember what I said and how I felt.
And anyone who might read thins can know my heart.
 
I can't pick one experience to share.
God helps me every single day.
I struggle with Chronic Fatigue and PCOS which mimic symptoms of depression.
I struggle with perfection and anxiety.
So every. single. day.
I need God's help.
And He does indeed help me!!
He helps me stop to think for just one second before my voice is raised.
He reminds me of all the little tender mercies I am blessed with every day.
He has blessed me with children I am not supposed to have.
He gave me a patient husband to help me through my struggles.
 He saved the life of my baby when she was so early and so sick.
And then blessed her with the miracle of being completely healthy as she aged.
 
There are days where every thought is a prayer.
Every step is a prayer.
Every thought is a worry that is soothed.
Every tear is caught by a hand I can not see.
 
He has blessed me with unique spiritual gifts that lift my heart.
He blessed me with a wonderful family.
 
God helps me every day.
He sent me a sister who is constant presence of hope in my life, with out ever asking for anything in return.
He sent me parents who love and serve me.
He sent me the gift of genealogy so that I might still serve even though my struggles hold me back from holding a traditional calling.
He blessed me with intelligent people who help me sort through my own mind.
He helps me always.
And I am grateful that I KNOW He helps me.
That I may cry out to Him.
I do not believe that God weeps when we sin.
I believe that He waits.
Waits patiently,
like any good parents when their child falls down.
He waits and holds out His hand when we finally get up.
He dusts off our knees and checks our hands for scrapes.
And wipes our tears.
 
I love my God.
My Father in Heaven.
I am grateful for all the gifts he gives a selfish person like me.
From the simple air I breath,
to the miracles I put to sleep every night.
And I praise Him with all my heart.
  

No comments: