Saturday, December 31, 2016

Cozy

Part of our Winter Break has been spent RESTING.
I say that because,
1. I have flares of utter exhaustion that just cream me.
I fight threw them but sometimes I need to do what's best for me, even if I don't WANT to.
2. I made sure I didn't break my yearly tradition of getting sick.
I fought so hard!!
I deployed all my tricks!!
Oils, lemon juice, Vitamin C.
But, alas, I succumbed at precisely 3pm on Christmas day.
I stumbled into Quick Care when it opened, promptly at 7:30 am.
Being an over achiever, I managed to have an ear infection, a sinus infection, and an infected throat.
Go me.....
I'm starting to feel better,
but I'm sad I lost 4 days to being wiped out sick.
 
 
But we had some great days!!
Brent was very nice and made sure the house had the top layer scraped off every morning when I woke up.
The girls were sweet and played.
I wish we had another week!!
 
 We never got dressed!!
Pajamas all week!!
I try to keep Scarlet's hair out of her face.
But it is difficult to convince it to stay up!!
It's THICK and slippery and basically a life form of its own!!
I pulled it up high and tight in an effort to keep it our of her syrup and she declared,
"I have Aunt Amy hair!!"
Top knot all the way!!
 
 Molly is taking her turn as my current favorite pet.
She has been snuggly, because it's cold, and she has been a wonderful pet to my girls.
She strongly favors Ella, and wants to sleep with her every night.
As soon as the girls are in bed for the night,
we don't know where she ahs been hiding that day,
but she will slink in,
and hop up to snuggle with Ella's feet.
 
 
Scarlet was having a moment this week and I remembered when she was little and struggling so much, I would swaddle her and hold her on my lap.
This was our version of swaddling that day!!
I wrapped her up tight,
snoodled her into the laundry basket,
and handed over the IPad!!
 
We've had a great break and I'm sad to see it over.
I love my little chickens so much!!
 


No comments: