Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Grapefruits

Since the discovery of our grapefruit tree,
we have waited with baited breath for our fruit to ripen!!
The girls would go check on them almost daily.
Finally on Sunday I picked one and cut it open.
 
They are sooooo good.
I forgot how fruit used to taste.
I grew up with my grand parents on the farm.
We had home grown beef, nuts, corn, apricots, pomegranates, and a host of other things.
These grapefruits are so sweet, and juicy, and they TASTE.
I feel like sometimes I buy fruit from the store and it doesn't have taste!!
Can fruit be processed, or modified to a point that it looks like fruit, but doesn't have a significant taste!?
That a different argument for a different day.
 



We had a lot of fun picking the fruit.
And the girls were bursting with pride!!
It reminded me of picking pomegranates with my grand parents.
Except grapefruit trees don't fight back as hard!!


No comments: