Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 13: Humor

Ella and I have many interesting comments through out the day. Some of them make me cry with laughter. My most recent, favorite conversation.

I was telling Brent and Ella about the parakeet I had as a child. I was too young to have such a fussy pet and did NOT appreciate its 5 am singing. It got beak rot, but my family wasn't in a place to spend money on the expensive bills to cure the poor bird. One day my mom decided to paint my room. She shut the door to keep the fumes out of the living areas of the house, and did not think to remove my beloved bird. Sadly, he died from the fumes!!
I was candidly telling the tale and asked Ella and Brent if we should have another bird. (Obviously I came to my senses 5 SECONDS later.) Ella quickly jumped on board with the idea.

Me: Should we get a pretty tweety bird? Like a blue one or a white one?
Ella: Hmmmm.... How about a HAWK!!
Me: *face palm* Such a savage child. Hawks are too big. They eat small animals not bird seed.
Ella: We can catch mice for it!!
Me: No sweetie. What about a song bird?
Ella: What about an eagle!!
Me: Eagles are even bigger than hawks!! It would eat Molly!!
Ella: *laughing* She's too fat!!.........Ok, a turkey!! Then we can eat it!!!

My daughter, the warm hearted animal lover.

Brent has a sense of humor that always makes me laugh. He passed that to our children. It's a good thing too because I tend to be more serious!!

No comments: