Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

We started off our week by going to the pumpkin patch with Ella's class.


 She told me she wanted to find the tiniest one!!
I think if she didn't succeed she came pretty close!!
I was an awful windy day, but we did it!!

 These are the 2 little girls I was in charge of.
They did awesome!!
No one got ran over or lost!!

 Ella and I decided a couple of months ago that the girls would be black kitty cats for Halloween.
I enjoy making the costumes, even if the ears came out a little too big!!
Scarlet doesn't quite have an opinion on what she gets to be yet!!

 Blessed of all days, Scarlet finally found something she likes!!
She hates crowds, people, parties, people.
I was worried she would NOT enjoy trick or treating but she LOVED it!!

 She would tell them trick or treat, meow for them, and then say thank you!!
Very happy for her!!

 Brent's pumpkin and Ella's pumpkin.
She picked it, cleaned it, drew its face AND carved it!!
There was a little bit of help with the carving. I had to help her use the little carving saws.

 I made a kitty pumpkin, as per tradition, and Scarlet's is supposed to be a girl.
She did NOT enjoy pumpkin carving and could NOT be persuaded to stick her hand inside!!
When I told Ella we needed to clean out their guts, she told me,
"Oh mommy, that's a yucky word. Let's say seeds and goo instead."

My big kitty. Her ears fit her a little better but still kind of on the large side!!
I rarely brag about my children. I find it in bad taste. But I think it's only fair to take a moment to be well pleased with Ella. She is doing fantastic in school!! I had a glowing parent teacher conference with her teacher last week. I LOVE her teacher!! I am so happy that she is doing well and that she looks forward to school every day. She is very sweet and has a tender heart. I feel like her teacher has really nurtured that in her.
We are now moving toward thanksgiving!! Yay!! One of my favorite times!!

1 comment:

Myrna Foster said...

Great costumes and it's fun for me to see Ella still hanging out with her preschool buddies!