Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Ghost Story

Coming off the coat tails of Halloween I thought I would share my first 'paranormal' experience. I have had my fair share, some of them I'm sure there is an explanation for and some there just isn't. I believe in the paranormal, but I also know that the majority of cases can be explained.
I was around the age of 13. We lived in my old house. For years I had notice shadows out of the corner of my eye and would hear noises I didn't recognize. I passed them off, not even considering a different explanation might be in order. I am notorious for my insomnia and would routinely lay awake at night or prowl the house. In my room, if I lie in my bed and faced out, my head was level with my desk. Our rooms were small, so the desk was fairly close to my bed. I would throw towels, or clothes over the back of the chair on a regular basis, until I was ready to put said item in its appropriate place.
I have very poor vision. So bad that if I don't have contacts in or glasses on, my hands extended in front of my face are blurry.
I was laying in bed, trying to sleep, and would occasionally open my eyes to peer out into the hallway. I noticed a white shirt draped over my desk chair was arranged in the shape of a human form. I kept observing this interesting phenomenon, assuming it was a shirt or towel that looked spooky. I squinted hard, trying to remember what I had left there. Finally deciding the image was just too creepy. I swatted my hand in a half hearted attempt to knock the object to the floor. As my fingers met what I had assumed would be material, they felt like I had plunged them into ice cold jello. I jerked my hand away and starred wide eyed at the pale mass in my desk chair. I was stunned. Frozen in place. The specter seemed to turn its head slightly, regard me, and then dissolved into nothing.
Ironically I wasn't afraid of what ever had occupied my desk chair, just surprised.
Other events occurred in that old house, but I digress. Maybe another time.

2 comments:

Whitney Baldwin said...

Spooky! I also believe in the paranormal.

Hooray for you and the blog challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I can always count on you for something interesting and amusing :) Good luck!

Jed Wheeler Family said...

I knew that place was haunted. I've never heard that story though.
PS-I also think you have experiences with things if you think about them. That is why I never think of ghosts. Scares the crap out of me. It was bad enough when I had the alien encounter. You should blog about that