Sunday, November 20, 2011

So Soon!!!

Okay, I think my bitter tirade is over. No promises it won't come back!!
I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only 4 days away!! New babies certainly make time fly and confuse me on what day it is. Just yesterday I asked Brent what day it was a hundred times. Being one of my favorite holidays, I thought I would share a few of my favorite memories from Turkey day.
1. My favorite Auntie would come with her 5 boys and we would all climb around the hills around our house. It was so fun!
2. The year we went to my other Aunt's house and our creepy uncle watched us a little too intently climb all over the hills behind her house. That year my cousin Ryan composed a lovely melody to go with said child watching!! It went to the tune 'God is watching us'.
3. I was 18 the first year we got up at 3:30am to go Christmas shopping. I heard my dad get up to go hunting and I couldn't fall asleep, so I decided to just get ready. My mom heard me so she got up. Determining we were both up and excited, we decided to just go, crappy hair, little to no make up and all! We were home by 10:30!
4. The year my one of my other Aunts freaked out over a game of Monopoly and threw game pieces everywhere and stomped out side to throw snowballs at our truck. It was shocking at the time, but now it's just a crazy story we tell!! We are now forbidden by my dad to play that game anymore.
5. The year I ate WAY too much pomegranate salad, and drank too much apple juice. Threw up for hours!
6. The year my Granny died. She passed away the Sunday after Thanksgiving 2007. I found out that day I was pregnant with Ella.
Hundreds of other memories too!! I love family and it makes me happy when we can all get together! I'm so excited for this year and for a new member to be introduce to Alderete Family Fun. I think she'll definitely fit in!! (Chelsey!!)

No comments: