Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Warning: I have literally not slept in 4 days and I think I might have a brain tumor

I haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for 3 days. I have a friend who found out she had a brain tumor from that symptom. Seeing as I am a hypochondriac, I am convinced my days are numbered!!
Scarlet hasn't slept in a month but the last 4 days have been especially awful. Up until 1am, gets up 3 times, up for the day at 7am, and doesn't take naps.
I threatened my husband that if he didn't get up with her this weekend I was going to mix bleach in his breakfast cereal!!
I find myself falling asleep in weird places....including the car!!! While driving!! On the way home from the store for crying out loud!!
I listen to all the other girls talk about their sweet little new borns, and how they can't get enough of them, and how they sleep through the night or get up once in a 12 hour span. I hear them gush and see how their lives are going back to normal.....and I want to grab my purse and pummel them right in their smiling face!!
I also see them wearing normal pants and hear them bitch about that stubborn 5 more pounds they have left. (eh hem I have twenty five) And I want to force feed them brownies.
Everyone reassures me that the craziness will end....and I look at Ella and burst into tears because her craziness HAS NOT ENDED!! Yes she is a good girl but that was 4 months of hard freaking work!! And she still has enough kinetic energy to power a small country!!
So there is my raging tirade for the day!! I could kick a kitty through an electric fan, but I'm just too damn tired!!

3 comments:

Terril Family said...

Oh my gosh you make me laugh! First of all because I was just telling Mike this morning that I, myself, have a brain tumor as well. A pounding headache that has lasted well over a week. He convinced me that I am just not getting enough sleep... I have to agree.

If it makes you feel any better my baby isn't sleeping through the night either (or anywhere even close to that). In fact, last night was one of the first nights that Brielle (20 months) slept through the night for the first time!

And by the way, I have a lot more than 5 more stubborn pounds too!

Good luck is all I can say!

Andrea said...

YOu're too funny!I'm sorry miss Scarlet isn't a good baby for you. I've had the feeling of wanting to leave my newborn on the doorstep of a nice family before. I really hope for your sake it gets better soon.
I still need to lose 10 lbs, but would like to lose 15, just so I can feel skinny again. I hate being fat! I hope you get some kind of break. A screaming kid can give anybody brain tumors ;)

ShEiLa said...

I love your nonsense... give it to me straight up approach. That is actually my favorite thing about you... you don't sugar coat it.

Funny you mention the whole hearing thing. Tony has lost hearing in his left ear... and that is exactly what they thought. Brain tumor. So we did the MRI last week... no tumor. However, he does have an accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid and the ventricles in his brain are enlarged. So after seeing an audiologist... and an ENT (ear nose throat)... now we will be heading to a neurologist. (long wait -March 2, 2012)

ToOdLeS.