Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It was supposed to be the color test

I was supposed to do the color test and share its results. But I couldn't find one that was free!! So instead I am going to share a few more little things about me!!

My genealogy is something I am very proud of. It's interesting and diverse.

My mother's ethnicity is regular white person!! She comes from pioneer stock and her relatives were some of the first in this country and this valley. She had an ancestor on the Mayflower!! Her blood lines come from England, Denmark, Canada and a little bit of Scotland. My granny was always very specific about the 'little' part when it came to the Scottish!!  I don't know why. One of my great-great-great grandfathers was a polygamist and had 8 wives and 54 children. I think he almost single handed populated the Bunkerville area!! They have been members of the church as long as it has been restored.

My dad's family is hard to trace very far because he has several ancestors who were adopted. This was back when babies were left at the orphanage in a basket on the front steps. The lines we can trace originate in Spain. My dad looks like the stereo type of a Spaniard. Black hair, green eyes, high cheek bones. I have done some of my own research and there is actually a village in Spain named Alderete. It was named after a Lord Alderete, who had 15 children, 14 girls and 1 boy!! He had 3 wives, not all at the same time. 2 died in child birth. Not really a surprise as 15 children is A LOT!! The main export of the village is sheep and wine, and it was founded in the early 1500's.

I love history. I think of it as a mystery to be solved and the more layers you peel off the more interesting it becomes. I like discovering things and learning more about where I come from.

No comments: