Sunday, September 9, 2012

Places I have been and where I'd like to go

I have been to the neighboring states, Utah, Arizona, California and Idaho. All to see family or go to cheer camp. I've also been to Disneyland and Seaworld. I had the opportunity to go on the back east trip after I graduated. I was nervous to start this trip because 10 days seemed like a long time to be on a bus, away from my comforts of home. I'm fussy that way. But it was an amazing trip. My testimony was strengthened and I felt a deeper connection to Joseph Smith. I had always know him as a prophet and revered him as such. But on this trip I got to know him as a man. A man with a wife, children and weaknesses. I saw parts of the country that were so beautiful it truly ruined the desert in its ugliness forever!! My favorite part was the rural areas of Pennsylvania and New York. So beautiful!!

I would like to one day go to Alaska. I don't really have the desire to go anywhere tropical. It's hot here and if I am going to pay a lot of money to go somewhere I want to be COOL.

I would also like to go to Spain. I'd like to go see if there are Alderetes somewhere.

I have no desire to go to any part of Asia, Mexico or Africa. I don't think a war torn or unstable country sounds like a fun vacation spot!!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Hey we want to go to Alaska, you want to go to Alaska... Let's make things happen.