Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Something I Miss

 
 
 

I miss my granny.


My granny let me indulge in bouts of self-pity without reproach. I miss her hugs. I miss her wisdom. I miss her evil, old lady ways. She was direct and encouraged me to speak my mind. Hopefully I have refined the art to also include a little bit of tact though! She was educated in a way that did not include books. She didn’t graduate high school but knew everything about plants, animals, general ailments and I don’t think she was afraid of anything. I enjoy history and nature and she gave me a connection to those things. She has a deep pride in family and genealogy. I loved that. I have her eyes and my daughters has her mother’s hair. She lives on in us all and I can’t wait to see her one day.


 
I see a little of Ella in this picture!!
 
On her wedding day.
 
 
*These pictures are poor. They are scans of a scan.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

This is a very sweet post.

Thanks for sharing Miss Ashley.

ToOdLeS.